This simple and delicious honey cookie recipe has been a favorite in my family for as long as I can remember. They have a subtle honey-cinnamon flavor with a crispy texture. Whenever I make these delicious cookies, the sweet aroma takes me back to my childhood memories of my Grandma baking in the kitchen.
Here is the list of ingredients:
▪ 1 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
▪ 1 cup of sugar
▪ 1⁄2 cup of honey
▪ 1 egg (room temperature)
▪ 1 tsp vanilla extract
▪ 1⁄4 tsp salt
▪ 2 1⁄2 cups of all-purpose flour
▪ 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and sugar
▪ Optional but highly recommended: 1/2 cup of sugar
▪ Optional: egg for egg wash or sanding with cinnamon and sugar.
Preheat the oven to 350° degrees and prepare a greased cookie sheet.
1. Beat or stir the honey and butter together until it’s mixed well.
2. Add the vanilla extract and the egg to the honey/butter mixture. Be sure to mix well.
3. Next, slowly add the all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt to the wet mixture in small batches.
4. You will now separate the cookie dough into 2 parts, wrap them in wax paper or plastic.
5. Gently press the separated dough until each one is flattened.
**At this point, place the dough into the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes or longer.
6. After the dough has sufficiently chilled, take a piece of parchment paper, or a non-stick floured surface and roll the dough out into a thickness of approximately ¼”.
7. Use your favorite cookie cutter (in this case I used a bumblebee cookie cutter), to cut your dough into shapes.
8. Place your cookies onto a greased cookie sheet, sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar on top of each, and bake for 12-15 minutes in a preheated to 350° oven.
9. Take your cookies out of the oven and allow them to cool.
Voilà! Here is the final result!
Serve with your favorite beverage or with ice-cream. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
xoxo, Doris Roberts (Doris Roberts Interiors)
For more décor ideas follow me at: