Baking can either be intimidating or come easy to some but everyone enjoys the results. As the seasons melt from summer to fall, the atmosphere changes, but the heat isn’t giving up just yet. Fall seems to be the time of year to break out the aprons and create something delicious. With so many different pies to choose from it can be a daunting feat to choose one. How about a pie that takes the fear out of baking and matches the tone of the outdoors with this cool dessert?
They say that the secret ingredient is love but we think it’s peanut butter. When combing through the vast amount of recipes out there, the best way to come up with your perfect flavor of pie is to consider the ones you love the most. Having hand made a pie and then sharing with the ones closet to you makes it all the sweeter. Now it’s time to grab all of the ingredients;
- 9 inch prepared graham cracker crust or home made
- REESE's Shell Topping optional
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 oz. package frozen whipped topping, thawed in the refrigerator
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chocolate chips or more
- 10 to 15 miniature peanut butter cups cut in half and quarters
1. Using the back of a spoon, spread the magic shell over the bottom of the graham cracker crust. Use enough to cover the bottom fully (or more if desired).
2. In large bowl, beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until well combined. Mix in peanut butter and milk. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into graham cracker crust and spread evenly.
3. Refrigerate for several hours until firm or freeze for at least two hours. Top with salted peanuts, chopped miniature peanut butter cups, and mini chocolate chips once firm or before serving.
4. Store covered in refrigerator.
Cheers to Pie!
No matter the temperature outside, you can kick your heels up and chill out with this decadent pie. We hope you enjoy making this very easy no-bake peanut butter pie and share it with the ones you love!