Mix a floral display with bold fall colors for an impressive tabletop
Thinking of ways to brighten your home? Decorating with flowers is an easy way to create a bold focal point and give any room in your home a splash of brightness.
The good thing about decorating with florals is: you don't have to be Martha Stewart. To create a post-worthy seasonal arrangement all you need is a bit of inspiration. Keep scrolling if you want actionable tips to make a floral statement.
Pro tip: Use classic shades like red and orange to truly get that fall foliage flare. These flowers are sure to do the trick:
- Chrysanthemums, especially the hardy ones, in deep reds, oranges, and yellows
- Sunflowers, especially the large ones
- Goldenrod and snapdragons for height
- Red and orange roses or carnations
- Orange calla lilies and tiger lilies
- Asters and poms in golds and reds
- Flowering purple kale for a jewel-toned accent and bright greens
- Hypericum berries in dark hues with greenery
If you’d rather use potted plants, mums, helenium, sweet autumn clematis, and succulents that are decorative and sustainable, go for it.
Choose a fun, season-inspired base
When it comes to anchoring your fall arrangements, start with a terra cotta planter and add a farmhouse touch by wrapping them with jute or twine.
If you're feeling creative, a hollowed-out pumpkin is the perfect flower holder. Not to mention, you can use chalkboard paint to cover the pumpkin and add a seasonal message to finish it off.
If you're not into painting or just not that great at DIY, you can make stacked pumpkin topiaries and place them on your front porch.
Let's also not forget the good 'ol Mason jar. Fill a couple with fall florals and greenery.
Pick a theme
You can reinforce that fall feeling by giving your arrangement a Halloween theme, putting an emphasis on orange and black blooms and carved pumpkins. Use a cornucopia basket as a nod to Thanksgiving. Go vintage or farmhouse by choosing bases and accessories that work together to show off your fall flowers.
Choose a color scheme
When choosing the flowers for your arrangement, think about the mood you want to strike. There is such a beautiful selection of flowers and plants available this time of year. You can find a color combination to fit every purpose and sensibility.
- A mixture of vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows gives off positive energy. Mix in some dark greens and purples for drama and contrast for a stunning autumnal vibe.
- Softer golds, oranges, and off-whites, along with some brown branches (think pussy willows), give off a cozy, cooler weather is coming feeling.
- A monochromatic color scheme is sophisticated and elegant. Placing similarly colored stems in a matching color vase makes a cool, modern statement.
Having plants and flowers in our homes can help relieve stress. Flower arranging can be therapeutic, and the results are satisfying. This fall gather up some blooms and make yourself and your home happier!
Decocrated can bring some happiness to your home with the delivery of seasonally curated décor. Become a member, and you’ll have access to our Decocrator Facebook Community, a welcoming source of tips and ideas.