Hi there! In case you missed our DecoLive here are the two delicious recipes we cooked. This will be sure to be one of your new favorite recipes and is the perfect lunch! Try this steak salad recipe and mimosa drink and let us know what you think!
Steak Salad Recipe
If you joined us live, you saw Kristina make this delicious salad! It's very healthy and tastes amazing. Here is what you'll need:
Steak Salad Ingredients
- 1 Steak
- Soy Sauce
- 1tbs Olive Oil
- Half Chili Pepper
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 tsp palm sugar or brown sugar
- Half fresh lime or lemon
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Radishes
- 1 banana shallot
- Red vine tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Spring onion
- Baby gem lettuce
- A handful of Mint or Basil
- Allow steak to sit out at room temperature 20 minutes before cooking it.
- Season steak generously (or as much as you'd like) with salt and pepper. Press seasoning into the steak. Don't forget to season the fat of the steak.
- Heat 1tbs of olive oil on a pan
- Once the oil begins to smoke, place steak on the hot pan to cook
- Cook steak for 2 1/2 minutes on each side
- After both sides have been cooked, place the steaks on a plate to rest
- Pour remaining steak juices in the pan over the resting steaks for extra flavor
Spicy Dressing Recipe
- Grab a cutting board and cut the top of the chili pepper off, roll it back in forth in your hands
- Tap the end of the chili pepper you cut off onto the cutting board to get the seeds out (this will reduce the heat)
- Cut the chili pepper in half vertically, and then dice it
- Add the chopped chili pepper, a clove of garlic, and a pinch of salt into a small bowl
- Stir and mash the ingredients together using a spoon, fork, or a mortar & pestle
- Add the juice of half lime and some olive oil and then mix the ingredients in the small bowl together
Steak Salad Recipe
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel thin slices of carrot into a long ribbon -repeat until both carrots are gone
- Then slice the radishes thinly at an angle
- Next, peel and chop banana shallot
- Slice the red vine tomatoes in half
- Peel and slice cumber into small pieces
- Chop spring onions and shred baby gem lettuce
- Add all prepped vegetables into a large bowl, mixing the ingredients thoroughly
- Add a handful of freshly chopped mint and/or basil into the large bowl
- Add a couple of tablespoons of the dressing, made in the section above
- Mix the dressing into the large bowl- to taste
- Next slice the rested steak into thick slices
- Place the vegetable/salad greens onto a plate.
- Top the mixture with the sliced steak
- Add more dressing if you would like and enjoy your yummy steak salad!
Cranberry Mimosa Recipe
A perfect pairing for this steak salad is this super simple mimosa cocktail that Julie made on live today! This would be such a fun brunch idea for the weekend!
- Champagne Flute
- Orange Juice
- Cranberry Juice
- Your favorite prosecco
- (Optional) Cranberries
- (Optional) 1 Orange
- In a champagne flute, fill 1/4 of flute with cranberry juice and an additional fill of 1/4 orange juice
- Next, top off the glass with prosecco, as much as you would like :)
- (Optional) Garnish with cranberries or an orange slice and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy these recipes! Be sure to join our DecoLives each week to watch more recipes, styling tips, and home decor fun with everyone at Decocrated! To stay in the loop join our Facebook community for updates, contests, and more!
Missed Live episode? Watch it here.