I am super excited for the Christmas season because it’s time for holiday baking! I love easy recipes that pack a lot of punch. This is one of my favorite cookie recipes because it combines sweet sugar cookies with the crunch of M&M’s and chocolate. It’s a great dessert to serve for the holidays and is sure to be loved by adults and kids.
Here is the list of ingredients:
▪ 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
▪ ½ cup unsalted butter
▪ ¼ teaspoon salt
▪ 1 teaspoon baking powder
▪ ½ teaspoon baking soda
▪ ½ cup sugar
▪ 1/3 cup brown sugar
▪ 1 egg
▪ 1 ½ cups M&Ms
▪ 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
▪ ¼ cup of green and red colored sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350◦F
2. Mix the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt).
3. Mix the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla extract together.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir or blend until well combined.
5. Stir in the M&Ms, then scoop them onto a baking sheet.
6. Bake for 12 minutes for softer cookies, 16 minutes for crunchier cookies.
7. Sprinkle the colored sugar on top of each cookie.
Be sure to bake an extra batch for gift exchanges and they also make great holiday gifts for your kid’s teachers.
xoxo, Doris Roberts (Doris Roberts Interiors)